Searching for...

Friday 28 February 2014

FRIDAY FIVES:FAVS + LENT RESOURCES 28.2.14

source
*
Deb at Rev Gals Blog says she has been
"busy writing “professional” papers, where it is required that staid, measured prose be properly footnoted, annotated and credited. I am tired of living there!"
I so remember that part of my own journey [and feeling the same response!]
However, her "creative brain is somewhere in the land of strange to illogical."
She invites us to join in her creative flight of thought and tell :
*
1. A colour that you enjoy (and where you find it)
A particular periwinkle shade I adore !
*

Found in benjamin moore paints once upon a time.
*
 {I used it liberally in our PEI home and rejoiced every day I lived in it !!}
Grateful forever for God creating in colour!
I Love the impact colour has on us and revel in having choices . . .
*
2. A food or drink you have discovered recently that is just da bomb!
just click and the recipe is yours too !
*
3. A simile for tiredness



tired as my sweet wee grandson after a busy afternoon 
[probably my son and DIL too!]
*
4. A random picture from your phone, camera or [computer for me]
source

beauty in the reminder . . .
*
5. Your least favourite bill: car mechanic, dentist or plumber?
Dentist.  It's like paying for pain !
*
BONUS: If you are going to have a Lenten practice or discipline, what is it? 
If you have a book or on-line resource, be sure to share it!

Lenten practice?  Seriously considering removing myself to the desert !
Would be a great idea to leave the icy blasts and heaps of snow behind. . . 
Time to focus on a Lenten journey me thinks !
*
Following through on my Word for 2014 being 'intentional',
I've begun PILGRIM PRINCIPLES by Lacy Clark Ellman,
a 7 week 'journey with intention in everyday life' as the byline reads
Great so far.  I'll be well into it for the 6 weeks of Lent beginning next week.

*
+
another I found appealing
Paula Huston's
simplifying
THE SOUL

*
and NT Wright's  LENT for Everyone
[Matthew- year A]

*
Two 3 free Lent resources to download -
Mustard Seed Associates offer 40+ Ideas for Lent 
Michelle DeRusha's Beneath The Tree of Life
and Ann Voskamp offers Trail to the Tree
[just click Ann's to download your copy] 

*
5s you'd like to share ?
We'd love to hear them here in comments !
*
Visit RevGals to read more Friday 5s HERE
*
~You're INVITED to FHC for SONGS ON SUNDAYS ~

Add your SONG ON SUNDAY Link in the SOS comments.
Add a link to SOS in your post and...  We'll pop by to have a listen !
*
[grab the button if you'd like - just add a link to SOS post]
  

Examples of SONGS on SUNDAYS ?  Scroll down to February's SOS posts
HERE  *  HERE  *  HERE  *  HERE

*

More great inspy weekend reading links ~

at the Weekend Brew


*
at Natasha In Oz

Say G'Day Saturday
*
At SATURDAY SNAPSHOT HERE
*
 Small Victories Sunday 

*
at Missional Women HERE
*
*
Since I've posted something blue,
[For all fans of Blue] visit Kathryn's
Anything Blue Fridays
*

*




17 comments:

rev h-d said...

Great pics! That shade of periwinkle is fantastic. and nice grandbaby picture too :)

Joy said...

I love favorites/fives on Fridays posts. Thank you so much for including my Spinach Alfredo Lasagna in your five this week! That grandbaby is precious. ♥ Happy Friday! :)

Elaine said...

The dentist is my least favorite place. Thankfully, I have had great dentists over the years.

Elaine said...

That would be Elaine from www.theedgeishere.wordpress.com

Deb said...

Several bookmarks now on my list to go peruse later. There's lots of good stuff in your post. I LOVE that color of periwinkle. It's so cheerful. Can't wait for flower season!

Thanks for playing!

Jan said...

I always love your photographs! Grandbabies are so wonderful. Your pic is beautiful!

Love Of Quilts said...

Periwinkle is a pretty color. Sweet grand baby photo. Thanks for the recipe.

river song said...

Oh, I love all your pictures! thanks for playing!

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

The first thing I thought when I looked at question #5 was "whichever is the biggest!" Have a good weekend!

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to tell me all about your Sunday Songs posts! I love music as you know so am looking forward to your posts.

Thanks of course also for adding my button to your post-you are so sweet!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It is so much fun to respond to prompts. Enjoyed your responses very much.

My Lenten practice is our combined churches' weekly Soup and Devotional. Can't wait!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Lovely photos. I especially like the starfish and sea glass one. The colors are so soft.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the tulips.

kayan said...

What a beautiful and resourceful post! I'll have to come back again and again to check on all that you've provided for us here, links and ideas and thoughts on Lent. Thanks!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

The photos from the beach are my fav! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

goodness this was a chock full post !
Have just eaten and that crock pot dinner has me drooling :) What a precious bundle of joy, how is it such a tiny baby can wipe out several adults in just a few hours? :))
(())
Francie

Lyli said...

What a fun meme post! It was lovely to visit your blog today through The Weekend Brew blog. That recipe looks yummy. :)

Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

I love the pictures and moments you chose for your inspiration. Your grandson is adorable and I am sure you treasure him. The recipe looks fantastic too, can't believe that was in a crockpot!

Thanks for linking up with my Small Victories Sunday linky and hope you will link up 3 more posts next week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails